ADSM-L

SAN

2001-05-22 03:03:04
Subject: SAN
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 17:03:39 +1000
While we are talking SAN,

This may sound silly but I have to ask

We are getting some "proof of concept" SAN equipment.
This will include a SAN attached 3590 drive in our 3494, SAN attachment for our
Solaris client boxes and appropriate bits to do Lan free Oracle Client backup.

What we won't be getting is a SAN attach for our RS6000 TSM Server machine.
Is it possible to initiate a Lan Free backup from the Solaris Client to the
Fibre attached 3590 when the TSM server cannot directly address the tape drive?
The RS6000 is attached to the 3494 and so could theoretically load tapes into a
drive that it cannot access.

Thanks for your opinions

Steve Harris
AIX and ADSM Admin