ADSM-L

Re: database backup

2001-05-21 13:26:57
Subject: Re: database backup
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:24:00 -0500
OK, I can't say what the DDS3 drive is off the top of my head but if it is
something you would have an a potential disaster recovery TSM server, sure
it will work... ALSO based on the size of the file dumped to disk, you could
always "ftp" it somewhere else... AND if you have yet another tsm server
somewhere, you could back that file up over on the other tsm server.

We have moved a tsm environment by backing the db up to disk, ftp'ing the
file over to a new server and doing the restore from that ftp'ed file.

I JUST LOVE THIS PRODUCT !

Dwight