ADSM-L

Re: dsmc incremental terminated with error on AIX

2001-05-21 08:37:07
Subject: Re: dsmc incremental terminated with error on AIX
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:38:00 -0400
>I get the follwing output when I start an incremental Backup session
>The assert subroutine failed: poolP->incSize > 0, file mempool.cpp, line 719

Clemens - The client programmer wisely wrote the C software using the
          assert macro, to detect out-of-range array references and bad
pointers.  How to deal with it is the challenge.  I'd first look to see if
your client is memory-constrained, as being short on memory tends to cause
many peculiar problems with software in general.  Beyond that you could
contact Tivili Support to see if this is a known problem with the TSM client.
But you may be running into the 4.1->3.1 compatibility problems you fear.

>Sorry, one more question. Can anybody tell me where to find patch releases
>for the 3.1 Server version? They are no more present on the IBM. servers

ftp://ftp.storsys.ibm.com/adsm/fixtest/v3r1/aixsrv/ has levels beyond what
you are currently running.

   Richard Sims, BU