ADSM-L

Re: NT schedule is pending

2001-05-20 09:16:01
Subject: Re: NT schedule is pending
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 09:16:53 -0400
>I'm trying to add an NT client for the first time.  I have downloaded the
>client packages and installed the
>client, then changes the dsm.opt files and started the services on NT.   The
>client is working file, which means if I go to client and start backup from
>GUI of from command line it's working OK.  But the automatic schedule is not
>working, it means I have created policy and schedule and assign it to that
>client, the schedule stays in pending mode and it does not execute till it
>failes.
>I'm getting this error in dsmsched.log. this might not be related to this
>problem, but anyway..
>05/20/2001 14:36:11 ANS1818E Schedule function not allowed in loop mode.

Salam - "Loop mode" usually refers to invoking the command line client as
        'dsmc LOOP', or more simply, 'dsmc', which is to say Interactive Mode.
Most likely, this message resulted because the client schedule was defined
in the server without operands to make it a useful schedule.  Review your
client schedule definition in the server according to the action that you
really want it to perform, and use Update Schedule to adjust.

  Richard Sims, BU