ADSM-L

Re: HELP! Logged off, BUT ntuser.dat still "in use by another pro cess" ???!

2001-05-18 17:05:42
Subject: Re: HELP! Logged off, BUT ntuser.dat still "in use by another pro cess" ???!
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:06:32 -0500
We have seen cases where no service account is using the id, the user is not
logged in, but the ntuser.dat still show up in use.  A reboot of the box
seems to fix this.  Seems to be a bug in NT.

Wanda - are you sure that you can fully recover if you don't have a copy of
the ntuser.dat.  We did a restore test once where we had been exluding the
ntuser.dat for one of our service accounts (NAV for Exchange).  We did have
a full backup of everything else (including the registry).  NAV did not
start, and the ntuser.dat files were missing from the profile directories.
When we copied the ntuser.dat from the original box, all worked fine.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg