ADSM-L

TDP for DOMINO and the time/date-settings

2001-05-16 04:18:12
Subject: TDP for DOMINO and the time/date-settings
From: Robert Fijan <robert.fijan AT LVA-WUERTTEMBERG DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:18:16 +0200
Hello to you all.

I have a really, let's say, hard problem.

We are using TDP for Domino since january 2001 and since then we are
discovering the following:
Some seconds after we started a TDP-Command via the TSM Scheduler the date-
and timeformat in the DOMINO-LOG are changed from
german settings to AMENG settings. This has so lovely effects that for
example the meals in our mensa cost 5 Dollars, not 5 DM. And this is the
smallest problem. When we reboot the Server, everything is OK, until the
next TDP-Action is started. Then we discover the same behaviour.

And this is not all. We have the same dsm.opt-files on both DOMINO-Servers.
On the one, the Schedule- and errorlogs from the TSM-Scheduler
show the rigth time and date. on the other, the time is correct but the
date is in the wrong format. But that's not all. In some of the TDP-LOGS,
the date and time have the rigth format. In others, only the time is
correct, but not the date. And in some, this changes to wrong time but
correct date.

Has anyone discovered this in the past? What could be the problem?

We have a TSM-Server 4.1.1.0 on OS/390 R10, the Clients on the
Domino-Servers are 4.1.2.12, TDP for DOMINO is 1.1.1 and Domino is on NT
with Service-pack 5.
Domino is 5.0.5 English Version with the Settings for Germany, also is it
on NT.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Robert Fijan
LVA Baden-Württemberg
Sitz Stuttgart
Tel. (0 7 11) 8 48-23 39
Fax. (0 7 11) 8 48 44-33 11
Internet-Mail: robert.fijan AT lva-wuerttemberg DOT de