ADSM-L

Re: Windows 2000 Bare Metal Recovery and System Object restore pr oblem

2001-05-15 17:35:28
Subject: Re: Windows 2000 Bare Metal Recovery and System Object restore pr oblem
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:36:15 -0400
We ran into the same thing. We use to have a procedure to restore a downed
user workstation where we just take a spare disk and restore everything to
it, then copy the registry from the adsm.sys directory tree. No more with
Win2k. We spoke to support and they said the same thing. Bare metal restore
is not supported. They did say you can restore the data, and the registry.
The registry only if the computer name is the same.

Mark