ADSM-L

Re: AIX lv and dbvol

2001-05-11 16:29:36
Subject: Re: AIX lv and dbvol
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 15:25:49 -0500
I am doing 2 LV's per disk not striped at the OS level. I have not tested
disk striping or SAN storage (EMC , XP512, Hitachi) for my database.  I run
300 client per database instance max and track 80 millions files per
instance.

Has any tested SAN disk or striping like is talked about below.  How many
clients can you run and how many files do the clients track?   What is the
best benchmark to gauge this performance?

Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

WAL-MART CONFIDENTIAL