ADSM-L

mac client restores failing + mountret

2001-05-10 20:52:18
Subject: mac client restores failing + mountret
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:53:03 -0700
I just had a weird problem brought to my attention and it got weirder.
I plan to call this in to IBM support tomorrow. ASAP.

A user called to say he was trying to do a restore on a  Mac and it
failed with connecting to server.  Suspecting the mac restore problem
I said try a new folder backup to see if you can connect. It worked.

I was about to say: sounds like the bad mac client ... upgrad ..
When they said that a subsequent restore attempt started to work.
Kinda.  It was looping or restore requests giving me 6 mount requests
in the queue.

I changed mountret to something greater than zero and it restored the
file!

This shouldn't be!  That you can have mountret at zero and it causes
all restore requests to fail on timeout of mount wait.

There's more than one problem here?  Any experience like this?
Suggestions?

thanks .... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
   joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu