ADSM-L

Re: reclaim offsite stgpool volumes

2001-05-10 10:45:53
Subject: Re: reclaim offsite stgpool volumes
From: Michael Hull <mhull AT UOTTAWA DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 10:45:32 -0400
I have seen something like this in another context.  The volume
truely contains no data.  However, the code to delete a volume is
called only when reclamation removes the last file.  Since there are
no files being removed, the code never gets called.

Simple solution is to issue the "delete volume" command without
any discard option.  Since there is no data on the tape, the volume
will be deleted.

> adsm> q con U00531
> ANR2034E QUERY CONTENT: No match found using this criteria.
> ANS8001I Return code 11.
>
> This morning it still shows as:
> adsm> q vol U00531
>
> Volume Name                  Storage         Device         Estimated
> Pct      Volume
>                              Pool Name       Class Name      Capacity
> Util      Status
>                                                                  (MB)
> U00531                       OFFSITE_POOL     3590CLASS       20,000.0
> 0.0     Filling

Mike Hull               mhull AT uottawa DOT ca
Systems and Automation Analyst      613-562-5800 x 4587
Computer Centre        /  136 Jean-Jacques Lussier Room 543
University of Ottawa   /  Ottawa, Ontario   /  Canada   K1N 6N5