ADSM-L

Re: tsm clients

2001-05-10 10:17:55
Subject: Re: tsm clients
From: John Bremer <jbremer AT LANL DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:18:44 -0600
As I understand it, TSM clients run two sessions: a control path and a data
path.  We don't see either of the sessions hanging around if the scheduler
is used to run backups.  If the client runs from the GUI, and doesn't close
the GUI, the control session hangs around - in our instance for 60 minutes,
until timeout.

I have some Solaris clients who have erroneously re-spawned new sessions
repeatedly (from inittab).  Those need fixing.