ADSM-L

SAN/TSM DB and Logs

2001-05-08 13:43:18
Subject: SAN/TSM DB and Logs
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 10:42:30 -0700
A question for all those using a SAN environment. We just had a meeting with
some people from a company called MTI. Their solution is to provide a
complete end to end, HBA to DISK, environment. According to them there is no
pointing of fingers since it all belongs to them. This sounds interesting,
and from their list of clients I'm guessing some of you out there could be
using the VIVANT line of storage.

If any of you are could you please email me and tell me of any stories you
may have, horror or otherwise.

I'd also like to know from a SAN point of view if it's better to keep TSM
database and logs on a local SSA disk or out on the SAN.

Thanks for the info.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer