ADSM-L

Re: DISK reclamation?

2001-05-07 12:23:58
Subject: Re: DISK reclamation?
From: "France, Don G (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 11:24:38 -0500
Fragmentation *will* be something you'll want to consider for the database;
but, not for your diskpools, because you should be migrating them off to
tape (nearly) every day... the whole idea is to get backup data onto
portable media to fully protect the environment, one copy stays in the silo,
2nd copy send offsite (for site disaster & media failure protection).
Tivoli db architect recently admitted it would be advisable to re-org the db
once or twice a year, to defrag it.