ADSM-L

Several questions

2001-05-07 02:51:47
Subject: Several questions
From: Sorin Serb <sserb AT RO.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:52:24 +0300
Hello everybody,

Please advise on the following:

a) Does TSM support the so-called "multiplexing back up" ? By this I mean
doing a back up session on several tape cartridges concurrently . I was
told that some other products ( which of them ? ) support such a feature.
Does such a feature make sense when backing up on a very fast device like a
3584 LTO tape library ?

b) Is it possible under TSM to start a back up session on a client
depending on the end of a back up session on another client ( some kind of
event triggered back up ) ?

c) Is it possible for TSM to estimate before starting a back up session how
many tape cartridges are needed for that operation ( the device is a 3584
LTO tape library ) ?

Many thanks in advance for any tip.

Best Regards,

Sorin Serb