ADSM-L

Re: recreate bitvectors

2001-05-04 08:06:31
Subject: Re: recreate bitvectors
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 08:07:13 -0400
>The APAR actually applies to all TSM server platforms.  For the MVS server a
>ZAP is available.  Although the problem is in common code, the symptom does
>not occur on the Windows platform.  The MVS and the Solaris servers will hang.
>The AIX server will crash.  I am not sure what the HP server will do.  On the
>Windows server the command will complete successfully.  The original fix was
>tested on the Windows platform which is why this problem was not noticed.

Tivoli Management -

Why did this situation happen?
Here we have yet another case of inadequate development and testing which
needlessly resulted in major problems at customer sites.  It is mind-boggling
that this kind of slip-shod work should be coming from a major software
company.  The worst part is that this is only the latest in a long series of
major gaffes in software provisioning from Tivoli, and still no effective
measures have been instituted to prevent such nonsense from occurring.

Is anyone there minding the store?

    Richard Sims, BU