ADSM-L

AW: NT Performance issues

2001-05-04 02:35:36
Subject: AW: NT Performance issues
From: sal Salak Juraj <sal AT KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 08:35:41 +0200
Morgan,

I am afraid you were a bit upset when writing
your mail. Stating that Arcserve is capable of 100+ MB/sec
seems either not to be fair, or you must have very
sophisticated hardware.

In order to give you any advice more informations are needed.
If you happen , for example, to use 10MBit network,
then your 1MB/s performance is quite good.

I use NT on both sides as well, 100MBit in between,
and have restore performances of 4-18GB/hour depending
on different factors (the upper limit is only possible through
data compression)

regards
juraj salak