ADSM-L

3590 question

2001-05-03 06:06:42
Subject: 3590 question
From: "Schönacher, Uwe" <uwe.schonacher AT ECB DOT INT>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 12:00:09 +0200
For all you AIX guru's out there,

I need an additional information on the definition of 3590 FC tape drives to
AIX.

We want to use both FC ports of the 3590 drives (connected via a FC
fabric)in parallel for automatic path fail over. Is this supported by AIX
and how could this be implemented in AIX. At the moment I see for the same
drive two definitions in AIX. They are both available but they doesn't work
in TSM (drives are first polled by TSM and set to unavailable later on).

Do you have a recommendation for defining both pathes to AIX in parallel for
dynamic path fail over?

Thank you in advance
Uwe