ADSM-L

Re: TXNBytelimit increased (was Re: LTO Tape Drive Performance)

2001-05-02 14:29:56
Subject: Re: TXNBytelimit increased (was Re: LTO Tape Drive Performance)
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 14:30:43 -0400
>I always thought that 25600 was the limit for txnbyte  I looked in the 3.7
>unix client manual on the tivoli web site and the limit is 25600.  Then I
>looked in the same manual for 4.1 and sure enough, the limit is 2097152
>(= 2 gig).
>
>So I have some questions for Tivoli.  Did you annonce this change?
>How are we supposed to find out about it?  The unix client manual for 4.1
>does not have a summary of changes section.  Are we supposed to do a page
>by page comparison of manuals between versions to find out what changes?

This is the kind of info that should have made it into the Technical Guide
redbook for the new release, but looks like it didn't.  Development should
provide a list of changes to the documentation folks, but apparently that
isn't happening as thoroughly as it should.  Such omissions are self-defeating
in failing to promote all the competitive advantages in the new release.
What's the story with Development management that so many things are being
missed?  Less golf - more management.  ;-)

     Richard Sims, BU