ADSM-L

Re: 500GB Backup

2001-04-30 11:22:11
Subject: Re: 500GB Backup
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:21:37 -0400
Due to a temporary lack of disk we had to start writing backups from one of
our large NT file servers directly to tape. we have two large NT file
servers backing up at the same time. One going to SSA disk pool the other to
a pool that is writing directly to 2 3590E1A's. TSM Server is hosted on a
RISC/6000 H70. Both client machines backup up around 75-80 GB per night on
average. They are both Compaq 6500's connected to IBM ESS for disk.

In most cases the machine backing up directly to tape out performs the
machine backing up to the disk pool. This is just comparing Total Elapsed
Time and nothing else.

Imagine that!

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin EIS