ADSM-L

Server pricing information

2001-04-27 15:19:47
Subject: Server pricing information
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:20:23 -0400
My site has a TSM 3.7 server running under OS/390. We pay for this on
a monthly charge basis. With the end of support for the server code
coming up in another five months or so, I am trying to find out what
it is going to cost to upgrade to TSM 4.1. I have also been asked to
look into the economics of migrating to an AIX server, mostly because
there is no apparent prospect of having SAN support integrated into
the OS/390 server. I have not been able to find pricing information
for any type of 4.1 server on Tivoli's Web site. I am not eager to
attempt contact with Tivoli marketing; I still have vivid memories of
getting the run-around when I tried that in preparation for upgrading
from ADSM 3.1 to our current server. Is TSM server pricing information
available on line somewhere?