ADSM-L

Re: Archive retention

2001-04-27 09:54:15
Subject: Re: Archive retention
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT RZ.UNI-ULM DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:50:24 +0200
Hi Steve, we use the same scheme -
'archive_3y, archive_5y, archive_8y etc' with final storagepools based on
mo-drives in 3995-C66  - all these will have 2 copies - one on an offsite
copypool and one in an offsite local safe.

... beside this we also use a second serie like
'offline_2d, offline_3m, offline_6m etc.' with the difference that
these are shorter ones and the final STGs are
just tapes which have one (cheaper) copy in a local safe -
that serie is just usefull for some kind of snapshot-archives or some
kind of scratch-archives or something like a panic-archive etc
the associated copy-Pool on this serie is not so high-available
as those for the longterm-archive.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Rainer Wolf

 Rainer Wolf                  rainer.wolf AT rz.uni-ulm DOT de
 Tel: 0731-50-22482           Fax: 0731-50-22471
 University of Ulm            http://www.uni-ulm.de/urz
 University Computing Center  Albert-Einstein-Allee 11
 AG Basissysteme              89069 Ulm