ADSM-L

Clean Archdirectories

2001-04-27 09:13:00
Subject: Clean Archdirectories
From: Mansoor Bajwa <Mansoor_Bajwa AT CPR DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:13:11 -0400
Hello Bert,
     I suggest that you try CLEAN ARCHDIR nodename FIX=yes,
that should delete the duplicate directories.

Below is a summary of the Clearn ARCHDIR utility.
thanks
Mansoor
Canadian Pacific Railway.

*******************************
Below are some of the commands for the Clean Archive Directory Utility of ADSM
server V3.1.2.50.
The clients prior to V3.1.0.7 had as default the Day and Time for the archives.
 Every time the
the client would issue an archive request, the server enters a complete set of
directory levels in
the database.  This results in duplicate entries for the same archive directory
levels.

DUPLICATE ARCHIVE DIRECTORY REMOVAL UTILITY:

An archive directory is defined to be unique by:  node, file-
space, directory/level, owner and description.  The duplicate
directory removal utility will retain the oldest unique direc-
tory and remove all younger duplicates.  The utility is started
as a process, may be canceled by the existing CANCEL PROCESS and
later resumed.  Archive cleanup jobs may be queried, and a
cancel command exists to remove a job from the list of resumable
cleanup jobs.

Syntax:
CLEAN ARCHDIRectories:  starts duplicate archive directory re-
  moval for all nodes or a list of nodes, or resumes a cleanup
  job that was canceled.
   ---- CLEAN ARCHDIRectories ---------------------------------------
                              |             |  |                  |
                              +-nodeList----+  +-Format=Standard| |
                              |             |           Detailed--+
                              +-JOBid=jobId-+

--------------------

   +-FIX=No|Yes ----

  where:
    nodeList is a comma separated list of node names
    jobId is a resumable cleanup job
    if nodeList or JOBid= are not specified, a new job that
      cleans all nodes is assumed
    The Standard Format of the command is the default and prevents
    messages for each duplicate directory from being issued. If
    Detailed is specified, messages are issued.
    FIX=no   every archive directory entry for the nodeList or
             all nodes will be displayed.  This is the default.
       =yes  duplicate directories will be removed

 Query ARCHDIRClean:  the standard format of the command lists
  information about a job.  The detailed format additionally
  lists information for each node associated with a job.

  ---- Query ARCHDIRClean --------------------------------------
                            |       |  |                  |
                            +-jobId-+  +-Format=Standard| |
                                                Detailed--+

CANcel ARCHDIRClean:  removes an archive cleanup job from the
  server.

  ---- CANcel ARCHDIRClean ---- jobId --------------------------

******************************
Hello,

can anybody tell me how I get rid off duplicate archive directory's.
I wanted to use the clean archdir command, but I think i don't use the right
syntax.
When I enter the command on the server;
CLEAN ARCHDIR nodename
then I get ONE OR MORE  PARAMATERS ARE MISSING.

What is the right syntax????

Bert Moonen
Netherlands.