ADSM-L

Schedules events on Client

2001-04-26 10:20:11
Subject: Schedules events on Client
From: Sam Schrage <sam.schrage AT TRW DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:19:54 -0500
I have a client, AIX w/UDB 6.1, that backups up the DB2 database using the
TSM API utilities.  In our testing, we issued a DB2 command to start the
process, ie, logged in as a DB2 user.   Is there a way, using the Server
scheduler, or MACROs, or scripts, to tell DB2 on the client to execute the
command?  I know I could use 'cron' on the client, but would rather it be
controlled by TSM somehow.

Another thing..for those of you that do this process..where does the DB2
data go.  I was watching the storage pools and I didn't see any activity in
the backup pool or the archive pool, yet I believe my data is on tape.  It
seems to be handle differently than I would have expected.  Though when I
look at filespaces it shows up there, and it appears as if it's residing in
the backuptotape pool, but I never saw it go into the normal backuppool
first.  I guess it's all MAGIC!!!...smoke and mirrors!!

Sam Schrage
TRW
sam.schrage AT trw DOT com
615-360-4716