ADSM-L

Re: Write Protect

2001-04-25 18:41:02
Subject: Re: Write Protect
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:41:33 -0700
We have been discovering, on a somewhat infrequent basis,
tapes that go physically to read-only onthe tab  in our 3494.

And yet each time I can produce logs that show the file was
written on since the last time the robot door was opened/closed.

In other words I can only believe that the tab is marginally write enable
when  the robot slams it back into its slot and causes it to go read-only

.. joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
   joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu