ADSM-L

Migrating

2001-04-25 18:20:28
Subject: Migrating
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:20:05 -0700
Hello all again,

It's come to my attention that the lease on out RS/6000 will end next May.
While it's still early and I have time I'd like to get some suggestions. I'm
currently on an H50, but obviously will be upgrading to something else. Does
anyone know what kind of migration path I should take to move up? Our
preference is to "purchase something that would be of use for 5-6 years", if
that's even possible.

Along with that we'll be getting a new library. My preference is to stay
with the 3494 so I don't have to try and move a bunch of data to a new tape
format. What would be the easiest way to handle this as it relates to my
tapes? The plan is to get the new server now so we could migrate the data
and DASD early, talk to the library and then disconnect the old server.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator