ADSM-L

Re: Expiration of DbBackup, Volhist and Libvolume status.

2001-04-25 08:59:21
Subject: Re: Expiration of DbBackup, Volhist and Libvolume status.
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:00:05 -0400
Now that you mention it... I have an open incident with the manufacturer of
our tape library about mount errors during load/unload on two of the drives.
To date, I have been worried about data loss and have been amazed that I am
not experiencing any. Then, I notice this....  Well, at least the tapes are
set aside after TSM encounters a load/unload failure. I'll bet this is what
is causing this problem!!!

So, I clean up the tapes and keep an eye on the situation.

Thanks all!
John G. Talafous
Information Systems Technical Principal
Global Software Support - Data Management
telephone:  (330)-471-3390
e-mail:     talafous AT timken DOT com
http://www.ctnvm.inside.tkr/~talafous/
http://www.cis.corp.inside.tkr/networkstorage/