ADSM-L

Re: Runaway CPU

2001-04-25 07:14:02
Subject: Re: Runaway CPU
From: Steve Schaub <Steve.Schaub AT HAWORTH DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 07:14:38 -0400
Sam,

We had the exact same problem - caused by Win95 or WinNT desktops accessing the
TSM web admin interface using Microsoft InternetExplorer 5.0.  Each login
spawned at least 2 "phantom" ? sessions, and 3 or more of these would drive our
AIX system to 100% and leave it there.  Upgrading to IE 5.5 "fixed" the problem
for us, even though neither MS or Tivoli owned up to any bug.  Good luck!

Steve Schaub
Haworth, Inc
email: Steve.Schaub AT Haworthinc DOT com

>>> sam.schrage AT TRW DOT COM 04/24 5:45 PM >>>
Anyone seen this?   Every so often I see two(2) sessions appear  when I
QUERY SESSION that appear to come from a WebBrowser platform with a Client
Name "?".  When this happens the CPU utilization begins to climb and with 3
of these sessions the CPU can be will into the 80% range or highter..  It
always seems to appear in pairs.  I think it may be spawned by some command
I'm issuing from the command line, but I don't know which one.  When I
notice the 'happening' and cancel the sessions, the CPU comes right down
and all is well.

Has any on else seen this happen?   AIX platform, TSM 4.1.2 and I'm
generally logged in via the Web interface when it occurs.

Sam Schrage
TRW
615-360-4716
sam.schrage AT trw DOT com