Re: WIndows NT Disaster Recovery
I'm not sure How things are progressing at your site but Read this once
again and see if it makes any sense. This procedure should get you back UP
and Running if you meet all the criteria.
With the ADSM REGREST command, you can restore only the most recent version
of the registry. It is not possible to restore an inactive version of the
registry. The Manual process of restoring old versions is straightforward:
1. Select the files in the ADSM GUI. Be careful to select files from one
backup only. Do not mix the files by selecting files from different backups.
2. Restore the files to their original location, which in this case is the
3. You will get a warning that the files already exist, but replace them
4. Start the registry restore. From within the ADSM GUI use the Restore
Registry command in the Utilities menu or from the ADSM CLIENT use REGBACK
5. Be sure that you check the Activate Key after Restore box in the dialog
6. The ADSM client tries to restore the latest version of the files into the
adsm.sys directory, but this time, do not allow replacement of the files on
your disk. This will guarantee that the older files will remain on the disk.
7. The last dialog window that appears confirms, that the registry restore
has completed and the restored version haas been activated as the current
8. reboot the machine for the changes to take effect.
Let me know if this Helps.