ADSM-L

Re: Help ! server not starting any more

2001-04-24 13:03:47
Subject: Re: Help ! server not starting any more
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:43:00 EDT
In article <535B280C27E1D2119A79000024C8B4BA04D2A5FC AT vevics14.nestec DOT ch>,
"Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM> says:

>Hi,
>I did a restore DB and got a new error:
>
>ANR0101E ICVOLHST(2394): Error 11 opening table "Seq.Volume.History".
>ANR2032E RESTORE DB: Command failed - internal server error detected.
>
>It means restore unsuccessfull ! And by restarting the server I get:
>
>ANR0981E The ADSM server database must be restored before the server =
>can be
>started. =20
>
>I don't know what to do !!!
>
>SOS !
Hello Rene

I second the others on calling the tsm support folks for help.

In the mean time. Can you show us the restore command that you used.
Did you get the error on the seq.volume.history file right after the
command was issued or after the restore was running for a while.
For some of the optional methods that the restore db command can be set
up with, the command will try to read the seq.volume.history file to
find the correct volume or volumes required for the data base restores.

If the file was not available ( wrong dd statements, corrupted, etc)
then the restore could fail.

Good luck len

Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room RB448                                  len.boyle AT sas DOT com
1 SAS Campus Drive                          (919) 531-6241
Cary NC 27513