ADSM-L

Re: PROBLEM IN MIGRATION FROM SEQUENTIAL DISK POOL TO TAPEPOOL.

2001-04-24 11:06:47
Subject: Re: PROBLEM IN MIGRATION FROM SEQUENTIAL DISK POOL TO TAPEPOOL.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:07:30 -0400
>Though migration is limited at 0% lower limit on disk pool with next pool as
>tape pool.
>
>My problem is why it does not migrate the end volume data and keeps little
>data in it.

Balanand - I wonder if you are encountering the situation described under
           the description of the LOwmig operand in DEFine STGpool, in
the Admin Ref manual:

    "When the storage pool reaches the low migration threshold, the server
    does not start migration of files from another volume. You can set the low
    migration threshold to 0 to permit migration to empty the storage pool."

They seem to be saying that if you tap it on the shoulder, via an UPDate
STGpool command with LOwmig=0, that it might go on to address the remnants of
the data.  See if that does it, and let us know.  In any case, it's a
nuisance, so it's good that you reported it to Tivoli.  It might be that
migration stops when the amount drops to the decimal value 0.something, as
opposed to integer 0.

  Richard Sims, BU