ADSM-L

Re: RAID-5 Vs Mirroring

2001-04-23 21:26:39
Subject: Re: RAID-5 Vs Mirroring
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:32:26 -0500
We only had one card.  I can't tell you exactly why we lost it.  The
raid came up offline, and after hours on the phone with IBM, they said
basically, that I was screwed, the raid was toast.

Andy Carlson                             |\      _,,,---,,_
andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
BJC Health System                       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri                    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://andyc.dyndns.org/animal.html