ADSM-L

Re: Reducing/compressing the database

2001-04-23 17:47:52
Subject: Re: Reducing/compressing the database
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:48:03 -0500
Shawn,

One thing you might try:  delete the DB volumes individually.  When you do
that, *SM copies the data from the volume being deleted into free space on
other DB volumes.  After that copy operation is complete, add that same DB
volume back in to the system.  It should come in as 0% utilized and its
space should show as a potential reduction.

I've used this technique to distributed DB data evenly across several hard
drives.  It's slow, but a lot faster than unload/reload, etc.

Good luck.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram Corporation