ADSM-L

NDMP and TSM - to be or not to be?

2001-04-23 13:45:08
Subject: NDMP and TSM - to be or not to be?
From: Cheri Howard <Cheri_Howard AT AAL DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:29:32 -0500
In 2000, Tivoli promised a new product feature for TSM titled "Tivoli Data
Protection for Network Attached Storage".  This feature promised to "use the
framework services of the Tivoli Storage Manager in combination with the
industry standard Network Data Management Protocol (NDMP) to deliver a fully
integrated solution for backup and restore of Network Attached Storage (NAS).

Yippee!  I couldn't wait for it to come out to help with the backup and restore
of our NAS boxes.  Well, 2000 has come and gone.... what is the status of TSM
and NDMP?  Is it still in the works?  Has it been completely dropped from the
picture?

I searched the archives for 2000 and 2001, and no one seems to know, so any help
from the Developers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheri Howard
cheri_howard AT aal DOT org
Aid Association for Lutherans (AAL)
4321 N. Ballard Road, Appleton, WI  54919-0001
http://www.aal.org