ADSM-L

Re: RAID-5 Vs Mirroring

2001-04-23 11:19:16
Subject: Re: RAID-5 Vs Mirroring
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:02:34 -0500
One comment about the raid - we got away from SSA hardware raid after we
had two SSA card failures that caused the loss of the database.  If I
were forced to use raid, I would have the second copy, and put the raids
on separate SSA cards.

Andy Carlson                             |\      _,,,---,,_
andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
BJC Health System                       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri                    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://andyc.dyndns.org/animal.html