ADSM-L

Re: LTO performance

2001-04-21 09:32:38
Subject: Re: LTO performance
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 19:34:26 +1200
I can get 30MB/sec transfer using /dev/zero but it would make sense to use
some sort of random data (no /dev/random in AIX) for a more realistic
result.

I didn't use the timer from dd as it includes it takes for tape negotiation
and rewind (I noted it from a throughput indicator from our Fibre-Switch
display)

Suad