ADSM-L

ADSM server

2001-04-20 18:28:36
Subject: ADSM server
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:10:47 -0500
What database configuration is anyone using for a single ADSM instance that
is handling for than 300 full size clients (not PC size with 1-1000 Gigs per
client and 10,000 to 2,000,000 files per client)?  I am currently running
300 clients on one database instance with 2 SSA arrays and I would like to
know if there is an better database disk setup (SAN, EMC, XP512, more disks)
that would give ADSM a faster database.

I am also currently running ADSM 3.1.2.41 with a database buffer pool of 600
Megs.  1 Gig crashes the server with a BUF043 error (in the database buffer
prefetching routines)   What is the highest anyone has for 4.1 servers?
What problem have been seen.

Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

WAL-MART CONFIDENTIAL

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.