ADSM-L

Re: Full DB log file causing TCP/IP Connection Failure

2001-04-19 15:15:32
Subject: Re: Full DB log file causing TCP/IP Connection Failure
From: Michael Hull <mhull AT UOTTAWA DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:44:20 -0400
You have to shutdown TSM, and then add additional LOG space.  I
run an AIX box, so adding space may be different with Win2K.  The
concept is to run the utility to format an additional LOG file, and
then add it to TSM's configuration.

Then start TSM.  It will allow connections until the additional LOG
becomes full.  Of course, you will be immediately connecting as an
admin client and performing a DB backup as quickly as possible.
Depending on how much LOG space you we able to add, you may
want to disable sessions as soon as you connect to prevent the
LOG becoming full before the DB backup can complete.