ADSM-L

Re: When to reclaim copy storage pools

2001-04-18 12:09:14
Subject: Re: When to reclaim copy storage pools
From: "Chibois, Herve" <Chibois_H AT ADMIRAL DOT FR>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:10:51 +0200
Hi Jon,

reasonnably, if you just export copy tapes to your offsite vault,
and no backups/archives are running during the WE, you can lower the
reclaim threshold to 60% for your copy stg pools. During the week,
put this value to 100% to be sure NOT to reclaim offsite tapes.

Is mainly depend on how many drives you have and how much data you
have to move. If you have collocated stg, reclaim offsite stg is
faster.

Hope this helps
rv