ADSM-L

inc/excl for TDP Domino and TSM Client

2001-04-18 10:38:10
Subject: inc/excl for TDP Domino and TSM Client
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:38:38 -0400
We are working on a plan to upgrade from Notes to Domino and would like to
use the TDP DOmino agent. After reading the TDP User's Guide, we are a
little confused. No suprise there! :-)

In the 'Overview- Additional Considerations for Backup Strategy Selection'
on page 9, it states:

"There are many other files that are part of the Domino Server installation,
such as executable and configuration files. For example, database link files
have an NSF extension but are not considered databases and are not backed up
by TDP for Lotus Domino."

Ok, now how are we to know which .NSF files the TDP agent will and won't
back up?? For Notes, the TSM Client we exclude the Lotus\Data\...\*.NSF. The
above text seems to imply that if I do that for Domino, I may not be backing
up some files.

I'm already having a tough sell on the TDP agent to the Notes admins. They
seem to think that we can't use the Agent unless they turn on logging.

TIA,
Bill Boyer
"I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere." - ???