ADSM-L

AW: More LOADDB woes!!!

2001-04-18 06:42:36
Subject: AW: More LOADDB woes!!!
From: sal Salak Juraj <sal AT KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:42:36 +0200
Hi,

>> Ended up restoring from the day before's database backup.
>> Gonna be some upset people in the A.M.

for future you might want to
either change logmode to rollforward
or simply perform incremental database backups
between full ones.
Limitation: much largere logvolumes necessary.

I have scheduled incremental database backups each 2 hours,
with disk files as target device. This will not help
in case of disaster, but suits perfectly for
software problems like yours.
This backups tend to be very small and quick - look at
Q DB F=D; Changed Since Last Backup;
to see how small this sort of backups vere at your site.
Limitation: only 32 incremental backups are allowed,
so you will not be able to schedule it very often.

best regards
juraj salak