ADSM-L

Re: HSM Migration follow up

2001-04-17 15:21:51
Subject: Re: HSM Migration follow up
From: Mary Stephenson <mstephen AT ACNS.FSU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:22:04 -0400
   I'm not sure why you are seeing that behavior.
   We have maxmigrators set to 3. When threshold
   migration kicks in, 4 dsmautomig processes
   are started and 4 corresponding sessions.
   3 of the sessions mount tapes in R/W mode and
   write the migrated data to tape.  The fourth
   session eventually times out after not doing
   anything. It's not clear why maxmigrators+1
   processes are started.

--
 Mary Stephenson
 Mary Stephenson