ADSM-L

Re: tivoli decision for sma

2001-04-17 13:07:18
Subject: Re: tivoli decision for sma
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:12:19 -0500
Joseph Dawes wrote:
> is anyone using this currrently? and if you are are you happy with it?(
> tivoli decision support)

I've installed it for customers, and have tested it in a small lab
environment.

It basically does what it's advertised to do. The IBM redbook SG246109
(Tivoli Storage Management Reporting) gives a nice overview of TDS's
capabilities.

My beef with TDS is that the install is badly broken. It (usually)
requires Microsoft's ActiveX Control Pad to be installed (and which you
must locate, download, and install), and, depending upon when you
downloaded and installed NT's service pack 6a, you may or may not have
DLL files of sufficiently recent version to make TDS run. It was a
nightmare to install about this time last year, and it's not much better
now.

Good luck. Post any problems you have here, or to me off-line.