ADSM-L

Re: Expiration

2001-04-17 10:15:35
Subject: Re: Expiration
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:15:50 -0400
Is this a one time problem or has been happening awhile?  Are other processes
or sessions going on at same time?   Do a q log and see if it is ful or near
full.   Do you have archive data or just backups?  I have seen occaisional
times when expiration seems to go slow at some points, especially if deleting a
lot of objects and other things happening at same time.

I see you have 1 physical volune where I have it spread over 24. That may be
part of difference.  Look at iostat and see about disk usage.  You may have
high I/O wait.

My cache hit % is 98-99%.  Have a 13 GB database and expiration runs in about 2
hours each day with generally 2 reclamation processes running at same time.
Have TSM 3.7.4.0 on AIX 4.3.3 on RS6000 F50 (2x 332Mhz CPU) with 2GB RAM.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> bert.moonen AT ABP DOT NL 04/17/01 09:44AM >>>
Hello,

expiration runs very, very, very slow. Only 16 objects in 20 minutes time.
We have ADSM 3.1.2.90 on an S70 machine with 4GB Memory AIX 4.3.3.
Does anyone know what my problem is????
adsm> q db f=d
Available Space (MB): 19,300, Assigned Capacity (MB): 17,964, Maximum
Extension (MB): 1,336, Maximum Reduction (MB): 3,740, Page Size (bytes):
4,096, Total Usable Pages: 4,598,784, Used Pages: 3,315,954, Pct Util: 72.1,
Max. Pct Util: 72.1, Physical Volumes: 1, Buffer Pool Pages: 32,768, Total
Buffer Requests: 651,353,008, Cache Hit Pct.: 98.34, Cache Wait Pct.: 0.00,
Backup in Progress?: No, Type of Backup In Progress:, Incrementals Since
Last Full: 0, Changed Since Last Backup (MB): 1,759.66, Percentage Changed:
13.58, Last Complete Backup Date/Time: 04/16/01 17:00:39.

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 04/17/01 10:16:40
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.