ADSM-L

Re: Autosys and ADSM???

2001-04-16 17:46:54
Subject: Re: Autosys and ADSM???
From: PETER GRIFFIN <PETER.GRIFFIN AT SYDNEYWATER.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 07:35:08 +1000
Have at look at Control M from BMC.

>>> jdiaz AT HOMEBASE DOT COM 04/13/01 01:43am >>>
We currently have Autosys scheduling a series of ADSM backups or Oracle
databases as well as numerous batch jobs all of which are running on AIX client
mahines on an SP system.  The Autosys server currently resides on a seperate NT
server.  Management wants to migrate the Autosys server to an AIX platform.

The instability of the NT platform has prompted us to consider this migration
to AIX.  However, considering the level of support we have received from
Computer Associates, or lack of regarding their Autosys product, in fixing our
Autosys/ADSM problems, as well as the fact that  we will upgrade our ADSM
system to the latest version of TSM, we are seriously considering another
scheduler.  Does anybody have this kind of AIX / ADSM / AUTOSYS setup?   Any
ideas or successes?

Jaime Diaz
SP2 Administrator
House2Home Support Services, MIS