ADSM-L

Client restore requires multiple tapes from OVL location

2001-04-16 08:42:21
Subject: Client restore requires multiple tapes from OVL location
From: Anton Gubarkov <Anton.Gubarkov AT SONY DOT RU>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:37:24 +0400
Dear colleges,

I need to restore a server and I suppose it requires many media mounts. (I
cannot afford collocation because I have only 13 slot library). How can I
estimate what volumes are needed for this restore to check them in from overflow
location before the restore starts and asks me for them one by one (like restore
volume preview=yes for primary storage pool restoration from DR media)?

I have TSM 4.1 for WinNT and WinNT BA client 4.1

Regards,
Anton Gubarkov.
Tel. +7 095 258 7626
Fax +7 095 258 7650