ADSM-L

Netware Clustering and *SM

2001-04-12 15:55:59
Subject: Netware Clustering and *SM
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:56:39 -0400
Greetings,

Is there TSM support for Netware clustering? I've not seen any mention
of it on the list and our Distributed Support folks are in the process
of working with Novell to put up a 4 node cluster. The Tivoli web site
refers to the backup/archive client as it relates to Netware 4 and 5 but
has no mention of clustering.

The way I understand it each node has it's own server structure (and
name) but an end user is communicating with specific Netware volumes via
an IP address. So, while the volume identity would not change there is
the possibility that these volumes could be hosted by different servers.
I can envision a couple of different scenarios but was hoping there was
a tried and true method.

I guess the other pertinent question would be at what level of server
code does this support exist (wait, let me guess 5.x)

thanks,

--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman