ADSM-L

Re: very few tapes expiring

2001-04-11 13:21:48
Subject: Re: very few tapes expiring
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:22:44 -0400
Well I think I found something big.  It does not explain everything I see
but it is definitely more than half.  The first set of servers that we were
working with were DB2 database stuff.  I have been told that when using the
DB2 API that DB2 ignores/overrides the copygroup parameters and everything
is saved until the DB2 API is run to delete it.  I was told by the DB2 guys
that they thought they had this process running and they just forgot to tell
me about it.  Well it did not run.  So I had them run it, on all there DB2
data bases on all there AIX nodes.  I will have to wait till tomorrow after
we run EXPIRATION processing, see what is not in a PENDING status, and
re-evaluate this whole process. I may just wait till monday to get any
easier view of what the whole old tape scene look like.
    I have found 2 'test' nodes and 1 node that has changed names with a
hardware change (not a good idea).  I am sure there is some 'ONLY COPY'
files associated with them.  IF I still have problems I will restate this
topic.
    Thanks everyone for your help
Matt