ADSM-L

Re: TSM client on HP-UX

2001-04-10 16:52:07
Subject: Re: TSM client on HP-UX
From: Andy Raibeck <Andrew_Raibeck AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:52:37 -0700
I'm not sure what the problem is. I just downloaded the file (it's
IP21930.tar.Z, not IP21930.tar), and used tar to unzip/untar the file:

tar -z -xvf IP21930.tar.Z

I did this on a Windows system using GNU tar, so I do not see why this
would not work on HP-UX.

IP21930.tar.Z is 20,362,089 bytes.

The tar command extracted these files:

README - 24,489 bytes
README.API - 17,988 bytes
README.OLD - 24,965 bytes
README.WEBCLI - 10,492 bytes
TIVsm - 42,045,440 bytes
TIVsm64 - 3,522,560 bytes

If I decompress the file using gzip (before running tar), the resulting
IP21930.tar file is 45,660,160 bytes.

You might check your .Z and/or .tar files against the sizes I provided
above. Maybe you need to try downloading the file again. Also, see if you
have enough disk space to do the extract. Lastly, I pulled the file down
from the primary site, ftp.software.ibm.com. If you got it from a mirror
site, maybe there is a problem with the copy on the mirror.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Tivoli Systems
e-mail: araibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."