ADSM-L

duplicate stgpool

2001-04-10 11:28:15
Subject: duplicate stgpool
From: "Wu, Jie" <JWu AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:28:45 -0500
        Hi,
                My old TSM server was on a microchannel machine and I was
using an old IBM 3995 A63 optical library as my archiving device. Last
weekend, I moved my TSM server to an F80 and the library stopped working. I
seems to me that they are incompatible and IBM may not be able to make them
work together. So I decided to define a new stgpool on my DLT library and
move all data on optical disks to this new stgpool. I have a copypool (using
8mm tapes) defined for the stgpool consisting of optical disks. I hoped to
duplicate the data on optical disks to the new DLT stgpool using those 8mm
tapes. This procedure is what I did:
                1). update vol optical1 access=unavailable
                2). define stg dlt-archive dlt-auto ......
                3). define vol dlt-archive dlt01.....
                4). update stg optical-archive nextp=dlt-archive
                5). update stg optical-archive hi=0 lo=0

        at this point, I expected that TSM server should start migrating
data from optical-archive to dlt-archive and use the 8mm volumes in the
copypool, since the optical volumes were not available. But nothing
happened. What did I miss?

        Thanks.

        Jie