ADSM-L

TSM 4.1.3 with IBM SAN Router changed ever Win2000 reboot the changer LUN ID

2001-04-09 12:49:19
Subject: TSM 4.1.3 with IBM SAN Router changed ever Win2000 reboot the changer LUN ID
From: Norbert T-Online <nkm.martin AT T-ONLINE DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 18:52:46 +0200
Hi,

I hope you can help me,

one of our customers sets 4 x 2108-R03 Router for the connection to one IBM
3584-L32 Library.
8 x 3580 LTO LVD TAPE drives are attached there.

The operating system is Windows2000 advanced server with SP1 . The
application is TSM 4.1.3

Attach at every Router 1-4, 2 LVD Tape drives, at each. At the first Router
is
attached for the Changer/Library. and 2 Tapes.

After every restart of the server, the Changer/Library change from LUN ID 2
or 3 or 4.

All Router are switchted in one Zoon with the TSM Server FC-Adapter.

The Library doesn't have to be left possibly on a LUN ID constantly so that
TSM server 4.1.3 can work with that.
The RSM under WIN2000 is disabled.

As server adapter is a LP8000N SW.

The Switch is a IBM 2109-S16 with firmware .37.

What can I do?

Is there any on who can help me? Or is there on who has another
constellation with more as two Routers?
Do you have a valid konfiguration of as Router who works fine?

thanks for reply, Norbert

with kind regards / mit freundlichen Gruessen

Norbert K. Martin

Norbert K. Martin
IBM Certified SAN Technical Implementation
IBM Certified Enterprise Disk(Shark)
    Technical
Tivoli Certified Consultant TSM 3.7